Max Norman, legendary producer notable for working on platinum selling Ozzy Osbourne albums Blizzard of Ozz, Diary of a Madman, Bark at the Moon.
In this interview…
- Max Norman talks about working with Heavy Metal guitarist Ethan Brosh.
- We speak about his break in the music producing world.
- How the world in producing is now with computer systems, etc.
- We discuss working with an Ipad for recording. Ipad 3 can do up to 48 tracks of recording.
- How would an album like Bark at the Moon be made on an Ipad.
- Back in the days of early Ozzy Osbourne and Randy Rhoads albums he mixed the guitars with more brightness due to the tape wear in the master tapes.
- The first 3 Ozzy albums were done on 24 track recorders.
- Recording brighter then it should be to have it come back great on the final product. All due to tape wear.
- He recalls how loud Randy Rhoads recorded his guitar tracks for Blizzard of Ozz.
- Details on Diary of a Madman recording with Randy recording most of the guitars in the control room.
- We talk about how Jake E. Lee recorded his guitar tracks in the Bark at the Moon album.
- Max gives details on the Ozzy Osbourne Speak of the Devil album and how it was produced and recorded.
- Songs on the Speak of the Devil live album were recorded in the hall in the afternoon.
- What would Max say about microphones and which are his favorites.
- Who were Max Norman’s influences as a producer. The Police, Steve Miller, Steely Dan.
- Where will the music of the future go and in which direction.
Max Norman produced albums for Y&T, Ian Hunter, Coney Hatch, Savatage, Grim Reaper, Loudness, Armored Saint, Malice, Lizzy Borden, Dirty Looks, 220 Volt, Roughhouse, Dangerous Toys, Death Angel, Lynch Mob, Megadeth, Bangalore Choir, Phantom Blue
- Joe Holmes former Ozzy Osbourne guitarist returns with Farmikos band
- John Sinclair Interview | Ozzy Osbourne Keyboardist on Spinal Tap
- Bob Daisley Interview Ozzy Osbourne
- Lee Kerslake Interview | Former Ozzy Osbourne drummer | October 2014
- Brad Gillis Interview, NIGHT RANGER guitarist Don’t Let Up | March 2017
- Rudy Sarzo Interview, Blue Oyster Cult Bassist | May 2010
- Gus G Interview: Ozzy Osbourne Guitarist on Days Of Defiance : October 2010
- Interview with Zakk Wylde Guitarist for Ozzy Osbourne