MusicLegends.ca offers some insightful, original interviews, mainly because interviewer Jason Saulnier has experience in many aspects of the music industry. Not only does he have an impressive archive of interviews (nearly 1,000), he is a diverse musician who has performed in numerous venues both locally and throughout North America. He records and produces music. He creates and edits his own music videos. He is a collector and an amateur music historian. All these factors give him a vast knowledge of the industry, so the questions he asks are often the ones for which he hasn’t already found the answers. Being an artist himself, he can relate to those he encounters and fully appreciates their point of view. Here are a few examples of big name interviews. Rob Halford (Judas Priest), Ian Gillan (Deep Purple), Zakk Wylde (Ozzy Osbourne).
Researching the Canadian Billboard Charts
Results of a comprehensive analysis of Canadian Billboard Charts archives of Pop and Rock artists. All intensive research was done using the RPM Magazine archives. We have here the result of years of work done by Jason Saulnier in the field of the billboard top 100 charts from Canada. In addition to the joy of doing the intense research and learning more about the bands’ and artists’ hit singles throughout the years, he is pleased to share the noteworthy research in the best way possible online. As a result of this work we will all be discovering the songs from Canadian radio that may or may have not been forgotten. Furthermore, this comprehensive fieldwork in archives offers a better searchable index on the internet as we know it. It offers an opportunity to discover and appreciate all genres of music and their contributions to what we call the evolution of music.
Most of the time we go to record stores and dig into the old dollar bins and accidentally find treasures in the form of vinyl’s, CD’s and cassettes. This method of treasure hunting has been used by every age group throughout the years. Coupled with the method of billboard research, we are bound to discover bands and artists we never would have known otherwise. More importantly, with this database of lost archives placed into searchable indexes, it will be preserved for future generations.
In conclusion, we should all be grateful that magazines like RPM and Billboard have kept their traditions and continuity strong with their collecting of data from the radio stations back in the day, to the methods used of today. A big salute has to be given to all the people that have always worked extra hard in this domain. Without these magazines we would not have these types of statistics to browse through and learn from.
Photos in the World of Music
You didn’t make it to the concert? Our photo gallery will make you feel as though you were front row! Various photographers in North America contribute to MusicLegends.ca. Stunning, up-close shots of the biggest artists capture the unique energy of live performances. These photos offer a raw and unfiltered look of your idols at their best. Music videos are cool, but these pictures taken at concerts capture the real artist we all want to see.
Reviews in Music
MusicLegends.ca’s reviews often offer a less typical point of view. Fans (Prince concert review from Halifax, NS), musicians (The Great Kat Beethoven On Speed Review) and other reviewers give their honest impression of your favorite band’s live performance or new album.
– Endorsed by Seymour Duncan Pickups since August 2010.
– Endorsed by Sfarzo Strings, California since May 2009.
Jason Saulnier The Musician– In 2014, released a metal cover version on YouTube of “The Devil Went Down To Georgia” by Charlie Daniels Band and received over 100k views.- On December 4th, 2010, was invited to showcase the famous Randy Rhoads Tribute spotlight solo as well as play Ozzy Osbourne’s Suicide Solution at Rhoadsfest 2010. Jason was the only Canadian invitee at this notable concert that featured appearances by Kelle Rhoads and Michael Angelo Batio.
-In September 2009, posted a guitar audition video for Ozzy Osbourne on YouTube . The video brought in over 57,000 views within 2 months with a 5 star rating. Now this same video has well over 100k views.
– Since 2006, Jason Saulnier has been the guitarist for Atlantic Canada’s hottest Hard Rock / Heavy Metal cover band Poison Cherry.
– In 2005-2006 embarked on a North American Tour with International touring Artist “Blou”.
– Played over 500 documented gigs in career – so far.
– Appears on more than 25 albums with radio airplay being received worldwide.
– Music historian and writer in the subjects of the Canadian billboard charts, general rock and metal trivia. Has created a searchable archive of the Canadian billboard charts from 1964 to present.
– Prominent in guitar, bass and drums, music has always been an important adventure and discipline requiring complete dedication to be the best you can be.
The Radio Shows & Interviews
– In the past 7 years Jason has interviewed 900 prominent players of the music industry. High-profile interviews include Zakk Wylde, Rob Halford, Phil Anselmo, and more legends.
– Interviews on average over 100 well-known and up-and-coming figures in the music industry each year.
– Independent Radio Show Host and Interviewer for over 22 years on FM radio in Canada & online of the
“Good Time Metal Oldies” & “Music Legends” shows.
– YouTube channel featuring audio and video interviews and has over 5 million views in total. Pioneered the method of posting audio music interviews recorded via telephone on YouTube by placing images with only audio before it was done by anyone else.