Chris Impellitteri Interview Neo-classical metal guitarist talks about the Venom album – He is the founder and guitarist for Neo-classical metal band Impellitteri. Interview talks about Venom album.
In this interview…
- We talk about all the influences to create the Venom album.
- The vocals of Rob Rock how great they turned out.
- The ideas behind the cd artwork for the album.
- The band having great reviews for the album.
- The way the band called itself Impellitteri.
- Importance of being in a band versus solo artist.
- We discuss his guitar collection and what is being played on the album.
- Old Marshall plexi amps from the 1970s.
- What will come after Kiss and Judas Priest for the future.
- We talk about perfect pitch and relative pitch and how notes are identified.
Related Impellitteri Interviews
Chris Impellitteri Biography
Chris Impellitteri is the lead guitarist and founder of the heavy metal band Impellitteri. In 2008 Guitar World Magazine officially named Chris Impellitteri as one of the Fastest Guitarists of all time. Included in the ranking were Eddie Van Halen, Randy Rhoads, and Yngwie Malmsteen. In 2003, Guitar One Magazine voted Chris Impellitteri the 2nd fastest guitar shredder of all time followed by Yngwie Malmsteen as the 3rd fastest shredder.
Impellitteri’s first music release was a black EP titled Impellitteri. The Black Ep was filled with music featuring shredding guitar solos, screaming vocals, and a fast rhythm section. The Impellitteri Black EP established the band’s sound in the metal world. With the second album, Victim of the System, Impellitteri continued his traditional neo-classical metal style, fusing fast technical guitar soloing with classical phrasing.
In 1996 they recorded Screaming Symphony followed by 1997’s successful Eye of the Hurricane. In 2000 Impellitteri recorded Crunch, which was their most experimental musically using drum loops and samples.
In 2009 Impellitteri released their new record titled Wicked Maiden. In 2015 Impellitteri released the album “Venom” with Rob Rock on the vocals.