Dan Johnson Interview drummer for Love and Death, Red and Against All Will. In this interview we talk about recording drums and more. September 3, 2014
Interview with Dan Johnson
– What’s new in the world of Dan Johnson?
A. Oh just hanging out, enjoying these Red shows : )
– Is there much differences recording drum tracks for Love and Death and the band Red for the process?
A. Honestly there very similar because the styles are the same ha ha. Totally my comfort zone!
– Are there any other groups besides Love and Death and Red that you play with?
A. I play for a couple country artists, James Parks and Ryan Bexley. Also I play in a band called Against All Will with members of Puddle of Mudd and Soulfly.
– During a year how many shows do you do on average?
A. Hmm probably 200?
– Could you describe some of your earliest influences as a drummer?
A. Tommy Lee, Vinnie Paul, Blas Elias, Matt Sorum. Hard hitting flashy drummers.
– Are you going on tour or are you currently on tour and how far will you be travelling?
A. Just doing 1 off shows at the moment around the country. West coast tour begins in October : )
– How many hours a day do you spend on social media and the internet?
A. Not enough haha.
– What could we find interesting in your music collection at home?
A. I listen to everything from John Mayer to Slipknot.
– Could you describe what goes on in a day in your life as a musician on tour?
A. A lot of sitting around watching tv lol. I squeeze a workout in but we really only work an hour a day.
– Where do you see music in general going in 100 years from now?
A. Not sure. I’m not very optimistic haha. I wish people paid more attention to albums instead of just songs. I liked when people knew everything about bands they liked too. Were being replaced with computers so hopefully I still have a job! haha!!