Rudy Sarzo talks about Quiet Riot and more. He is the bassist for Hard Rock group Blue Oyster Cult and former member of Ozzy Osbourne, Dio, Whitesnake.
In this interview…
- Rudy Sarzo talks about music of the world & the common links of all countries with classic rock.
- Videos games like rock band and guitar hero around the world.
- Computer software and video editing.
- Examples of the Quiet Riot recording of Guilty pleasures with video.
- Rudy Sarzo’s history with computers.
- Blue screens and green screens in with movie editing.
RUDY SARZO Blue Oyster Cult
Rudy Sarzo is a bass guitarist, Sarzo has played with many well known heavy metal acts including Quiet Riot, Ozzy Osbourne, Whitesnake, Manic Eden, Dio and Blue Oyster Cult. From March 1981 to September 1982, Sarzo rose to fame as the bassist in ex-Black Sabbath vocalist Ozzy Osbourne’s band. He was recruited on the recommendation of Osbourne’s guitarist Randy Rhoads, who had previously played with Sarzo in Quiet Riot. Sarzo’s playing can be heard on Osbourne’s Speak of the Devil and Tribute live albums, though he never appeared on a studio album with Osbourne. The liner notes of Osbourne’s 1981 studio album Diary of a Madman list Sarzo as the bassist, though Bob Daisley actually played bass on the recordings. Following Rhoads’ death in a plane crash in 1982, Sarzo became disillusioned and left Osbourne’s band. He rejoined Quiet Riot in the midst of the recording of Metal Health, which would go on to become a multi-platinum hit.
Sarzo is also an avid computer digital animator. When not touring or recording, he is a 3D technical director and co-executive producer at Ocean Visual FX in Southern California. Sarzo has demonstrated computer animation software at major tradeshows, such as demonstrating Acid, Sony Vegas and DVD Architect software at the Sony Pictures booth during the 2004 Winter NAMM Show. He released the Acid for Non Linear Editors training DVD, directed by Douglas Spotted Eagle, for the VASST training series, and created the “Working Man’s Bass” loop library exclusively for Sony Pictures’ Acid Software. He created the concert 3D animated opening for the video wall used during an European tour by Dio.
- Carlos Cavazo Interview 2010 RATT Guitarist
- Neil Citron Interview QUIET RIOT Guitarist
- Paul Shortino Interview 2010 Quiet Riot Singer